|Damage (body shot)||19|
|Damage (limb shot)||15|
The SMG (Sub-Machine Gun) is very similar to the assault rifle but holds more bullets per magazine and has slightly less recoil at the expense of doing less damage and having less range.
Advantages of using the SMG include:
- High capacity magazine
- Quick rate of fire
- Can easily be used one-handed
Disadvantages of using the SMG include:
- Low damage
- Spray and recoil reduce accuracy
- Usually need to reload between kills
How to use the SMG
Simply aim the SMG at your opponent and press the trigger button.
The weapon can be used both one-handed and two-handed. Gripping with both hands improves accuracy because there is less recoil, however, you will not have a hand free for flying, climbing or wall-jumping.
When you fire the SMG, the recoil forces the gun upwards, so you need constantly readjust your aim (downwards) to stay on target.
The alternate fire option can be toggled using the B/Y buttons and enables a laser sight that can improve accuracy – however, the laser sight can also alert opponents of your approach, losing the element of surprise.
How to reload the SMG
To reload the SMG:
- Press A/X to release the spent magazine
- Reach down to your left hip with your free hand and grab a fresh magazine with the grip trigger
- Transfer the fresh magazine to the SMG and release the grip trigger